Thursday 8 March 2012

Going Bananas!

I've been having a go at making canes - they're like tiny sticks of rock made out of polymer clay that you take thin slices off of... these slices look like strawberry slices, or banana slices, - anything really, that can be sliced. I've tried cucumber, tomato, lemon, strawberry and banana.  I have to say that I'm quite pleased with the results. Now, the strawberry cane isn't that good... and the banana cane needs a really good look to see just how intricate it really is...
so here's a close-up of a slice off of the banana cane - look closely and you can see the 'seeds' inside...
I didn't just use the cane for slices of banana... I decided to make some whole bananas too - though with a bit taken out of it...
I made quite a few... some quite small and others a 'normal' size for a 1/12th scale doll
Here's the lemon cane... made into whole lemons that can be sliced to reveal a realistic-looking inside...
And this preparation board I made shows the cucumber and tomato canes I made too.
It's supposed to look like someone is making ham sandwiches. The bread and ham are so easy to make - I think making polymer clay bread has to be my favourite because it's so easy :)
I feel a bit peckish now... toast time!!! *lol*

No comments: