Wednesday 30 December 2015

The Best Laid Plans...

There was I, after stripping the dolls house even more (yes, the roof is now fully off, and all things that needed to be chopped are chopped!) and wanting to print out the wallpaper and flooring designs I had managed to get a hold of (or design myself)... when the printer suddenly decided that now is a good time to warn me that it can only print in black, because there is no blue ink left. ARGH!
I am left to pick at doing little things - things I don't really need to do and things I shouldn't be trying in the first place... Like the faux faberge egg standing at 1/2" tall...
This was a practise run. Halfway through moulding the Fimo clay ready for baking, I realised that I don't actually have a working oven until Sunday. I got out my heat gun and blasted that poor wee ball of clay... and blistered it! Still - now I know what NOT to do lol. I just dotted a pearl design all over it and stood it on an upturned crown bead cap. Oh, and  teeny pin head for the top. The next attempt will be smaller and glazed (I hope) with a different pattern :)

 

No comments: